Under the Strong Workforce Program, many colleges are striving to increase enrollments in CTE. But in order to support this growth, colleges need to establish pathways that work for diverse student populations and help them progress up their career ladders.
This session will outline common barriers to student progress and describe ways that colleges can support students in overcoming those challenges. For example, you’ll learn:
• Why students do and don’t major in CTE
• The highest-leverage actions that can change enrollment patterns
• How CTE pathways work fits into statewide priorities and guided pathway models
Hands-on activities will enable you to explore:
• New tools that can help support career exploration and educational planning
• How to access information on progress within a pathway and employment outcomes
• Specific steps you can take to strengthen enrollments and progress in CTE
Registration is required through Eventbrite. There is a $50 per-person registration fee for attending. Registration includes lunch. Participants are responsible for travel and any parking costs. Workshops are scheduled from 10:00 am - 3:00 pm.
Who Should Attend?
Each college is highly encouraged to send a team of representatives comprised of faculty, counselors, deans, vice presidents, and researchers.
For questions related to workshop registration, contact Maureen Akal at Makal0361@icloud.com or (630)337-3004.
Flyer: CTE Data Unlocked (pdf) (doc)