Institutional Effectiveness Partnership Initiative (IEPI)
Partnership Resource Team Visits
Letter of Interest Format
The California Community Colleges Institutional Effectiveness Partnership Initiative (IEPI) makes technical assistance available to institutions through Partnership Resource Teams (PRTs). The PRT will visit the institution at least three times in order to understand the issues thoroughly, help the institution develop an improvement plan (called the Innovation and Effectiveness Plan), and provide follow-up support as needed. More details on the PRTs are available on the IEPI FAQ.
If you are interested in having a team visit your institution, please send us a short (approximately two-page) Letter of Interest with the following information:
- Institution name.
- Description of areas that your institution is doing well.
- Description of your institution's areas of focus for PRT assistance that will help advance your institutional effectiveness even more. Previous visits to institutions have addressed diverse topics such as enrollment management, student learning outcomes assessment, integrated planning, fiscal strategy, technology applications, and professional development.
- Description of the rationale for these areas of focus.
- Indication of what would be the ideal time for the first visit.
- Signature of institution's CEO.
As a recipient of PRT assistance, your institution may also be eligible for a seed grant of up to $200,000. By the end of the second PRT visit, the team will help the institution develop its Innovation and Effectiveness Plan to advance institutional effectiveness in the areas of focus. The purpose of the seed grant is to help expedite implementation of the Innovation and Effectiveness Plan. Seed grants will be available until funds have been exhausted. Institutions receiving seed grants will be expected to develop plans for institutionalizing their efforts.
Letters of Interest will be received and reviewed on an ongoing basis. After the initial review, you will be asked to provide a more detailed one- or two-page treatment on the areas of interest to help determine scheduling and prepare for the initial visit.
Please return your letter of interest to:
Dr. Dianne Van Hook, Chancellor
CC: Shelley Weinstein
College of the Canyons
26455 Rockwell Canyon Road
Santa Clarita, CA 91355
Or via email to: Dianne.email@example.com, cc Shelley.firstname.lastname@example.org